Monday, February 4, 2008

wintry monday

Got the pen cleaning fairly caught up this weekend, we got Duke and AJ's stalls and runs in quite good shape on saturday. Today the stalls look icky again already. Blech, well mom has GOT to clean them herself or find someone, I just cant keep getting more behind with my own horses to do it. I had a ride on Shade on sunday afternoon, it was chilly and not a terrific ride, but even a bad ride still beats vegging out watching tv. I got the pen Shade shares cleaned and Sadies share pen cleaned fairly well also on sunday morning and Sadie was sooo cute. She's just entralled with the little John Deer 810 tractor. Last week she was pacing at the gate when I had it in Shades adjacent pen,this week she got to nose it thoroughly. She did not leave the food & horse company to be with it when I cleaned the shed up and dumped the loads at least. But I left the tractor by the gate and fetched dad to help me keep horses in their respective pens while I took the tractor thru the dividing gate and Sadie was rubbing her jaw on the top of the tractor when we came out. Such a cute, goofy sight that was, ah makes me smile a bit just writing it and I need a smile; because today is an icky gray snowy monday. Since I work inside I should be glad to have weather that makes me happy I'm not in it hit on monday instead of the weekend but I guess I'm missing my usual sunshine thru the windows. Oh well sun is supposed to return soon.

No comments: