Sunday, February 17, 2008

Brrrrr

Its not terribly cold for february but a lazy wind (Anybody else read Tall and Proud?) that goes right through instead of around you. Other than feeding I believe the only horsey thing that will happen today is worming the mini's. I'd bail on that if I hadn't already drawn up all 5 double doses of safeguard to give the little buggers. Mom did spend some time halter breaking Frosty and getting him ready for therapy visits this summer and she does schedule and pay for their hoof care but an outside viewer would probably think I have at least a share in the mini raising business.** I wormed Sadie last week (and CJ) so she wouldn't pick up shed worm eggs right away last week. Better make a note on the calendar. Record keeping is not my strong suit but I want to keep the kiddo on a decent schedule her first couple of years.


And the forecast for tomorrow has deteriorated. It was supposed to get to 50 when I checked this morning, now its 38 but that doesn't happen until the wind picks up in the afternoon. Oh well, I guess sunny and just a little below freezing will work for a slow conditioning ride.

No comments: