Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sadie is missing Cindy

I put CJ in with Sadie and Cindy by herself to go on a diet. Poor girls. CJ is not picking on Sadie but he isn't being nice either, he pushed her away from any food he wants -at least he is only doing this with pinned ears and head snakes. There has been some chasing but none of it looked very serious, but Sadie was hanging on the dividing fence line to Shade, Grey's and Razz's pen this morning instead of eating the 2nd round of hay I gave. I'm feeding pretty generous and she dug into her pellets, but I still felt bad for her. and Cindy --well being on a strict diet just sucks, but if I can get some weight off her maybe she can go back in with Sadie and get the 'good stuff' again. If only she didn't get so 'hot' but I hate to pony anybody off her or pony her because she is trying to run run run and its so hard to manage. Oh well we'll all live but we're bummin right now. And last night it hit me how much our boarder had been charging me (last 2 weeks ) and mom for 2-3 months to feed evening hay. Mom will feed the late afternoon hay snack to Sadie and any 'buddy' she has for now and I don't know what she is doing wrt to Duke and AJ. I told her I could feed them when I get home, they are ok to wait that long same as my adult horses. I sure hope if mom is going to spend that kind of money she gets back to taking some jumping lessons instead of paying anyone thru the nose for just feeding hay and checking/topping off water while she stays in the house feeling sick. I am still thinking there is some environmental issue (mold or whatever) --too bad its not clear cut since she has had the jaw misalignment from the jerk prosthodondist (sp?) and some failed implants too; but I am TIRED of her being sick all the time. If she doesn't get better pretty soon I am going to start some major arm twisting to try this, try that. I've been ignoring it --my sympathy well went dry several months ago, but is better now but only in a 'you should NOT be sick all the time, how about trying this' way.

No comments: