Saturday, February 16, 2008

Halfway to a conditioning program

Rode again today. 3 times in 7 days. 3-4 rides a week is good, but I need to increase the length of my rides. Oh well I have time. The first ride I want to do is in late April. I called a chiro/vet. I've been meaning to get the horses checked out and finally got around to it. She wanted to schedule for wednesday though so I'll have to delay, and then the weekly team meeting at work will probably be canceled. I've got into a rut of needing a lazy morning on the weekend. But I got some more cleaning on the pens. I need to get Sadie and CJ's cleaned and should do more on the 3 musketeers' pen. I cleaned a bit on Cindy's pen, but the hot spot was too frozen to clean with the picker and I didn't try to scrape it with the tractor bucket.

Poor Shade; she had to go close to the scary skeet shooters again, then the moto-cross cyclists came past us. They were nice and I took Shade into the CRP off the ditch road but she was nervous and gave my a whirly ride. But then she followed them and was a brave girl and went by the spot where they do their jumps 20-50 yards off the road and we got a good ride in. The wind got chilly as we headed home. Oh and my dad took the dogs for a run while I was cleaning pens and then Ole came with me when I rode. Ole was still moving with spring in his step when we got home but tonight we have a very good dog.

No comments: