Tuesday, February 19, 2008

chocolate must be working

I was cranky and had a head-ache this morning. Could not decide if one caused the other or anything. I perhaps drank way too many cinnamon teas yesterday or just not enough water, or perhaps just have the tuesday blues. I don't know why but tuesday after a monday holiday is usually harder than a monday. I guess because the things I should get done in a week didn't drop by 20%. Also need to write up the yearly activity summary for work. I hate doing those. But I am feeling better now. Still a bit stuffed up so perhaps we'll blame the headache on sinus congestion and crankiness on headache. Its nice to have a scapegoat lol. And luckily I didn't unload on anyone while I was cranky. Not sure if its all V-day goodies the recipients didn't want or what but there is an abundance of various candies, mostly chocolates at the office today. Thank goodness we don't have that all the time, Shade would be groaning. Which brings up yesterdays summary.

I was moving slow in the morning. Finally caught Shade for a ride, come in the house and mom is in agony from sinus pressure. She called her oral surgeon since she'd had an infected implant removed about 1.5 weeks ago. Was so dramatic that I asked if she needed me to drive her to dr. No straight answer of course, so I said, well I'll take a quick ride then and you should know when I get back. So we did a quick 4 mile ride. Mom had decided she was fine to drive. I didn't argue since I wanted to do some fencing and pen cleaning. Well the fencing got 90% done, no pen cleaning at all. What is needed for fence is just to restore a run of wire from the ac fence charger in the house to the north fence and for me to join my hot wires for the east end of the paddock and then I have to close the gate. With the fence charging I'll be ok to put Sadie in that pen and may rearrange horses again. Not sure who I want to combine. No matter which way if I put Sadie in the big paddock with 2 horses I'll have to add a 3rd feeder which will not be a big deal. If the house charger would be a pain (shorting out) I could also get a batter charger and hook my solar panel I bought for my so far unused DC water pump to a battery in the pasture but that could become quite a bit of 'building' and I prefer to avoid it if possible. Then I have to restore the 'pasture' fence on the bottom 5 acres so I can let Sadie have some green grass access and lots of room to run and play in late spring. Well I don't HAVE to, but I'd like to have that option and there is about as much chance the fence would fix itself as there that the landlords -my parents would fix it. Since its mainly my horses in those pens they are not going to invest any effort. Heck they are so darned sickly so much of the time lately I wonder if they could provide basic care of their critters and keep the place up if I moved to a place of my own. A pitfall to not breaking away and living on my own when I was younger, now I could manage the $ and could probably find/afford farm sitting if I didn't get a house mate but I'd feel like I was leaving them in a lurch.

In other news I finally got a small payback from the extended warranty they talked me into when I bought my car. The water pump has started leaking. $3xx to replace with parts and labor. $100 deductible on the warranty which has not quite expired. I payed more than 300 for it but at least I remembered and am getting a little bit back on it. And last friday mom bought herself a new prius. Her Volvo was leaking oil and they said the seal was shot and it would cost $900 to fix it. Well that car has enough age and other issues that she went for a new vehicle instead. Us tight fisted norwegian gals want to shell out as little at the pump as possible. I hope she finds hers as or more reliable and good MPG as mine has been. Ingrid has said good things about her newer model Prius (likes it so well her DH got one also so they have a pair)

No comments: