Friday, August 15, 2014

Well I'll have time to catch up on weed spraying Sunday. Not going to look at gelding

Owner called and said he had reacted to fly spray and has hives.   I'm not sure she understands that if I like him and I think I probably will it will still be a week or so to set up a pre-purchase and stuff unless she has already had a Coggins test done.    I don't want to set that up before I see the horse in person cuz I might change my mind on wanting him.   It would be no big deal except I'm sort of wanting to make some loose riding plans but not knowing when I might end up running up to haul a new horse home is putting a damper on that.

With the Vesticular Stomitis scare the place where he is staying may have sprayed some stronger fly control stuff on all the horses.   I am trying to keep Sadie sprayed and will spray the trailer with corral product mixed strong before heading to the ride next weekend but mostly just trying to keep the fly bait refreshed so its not a bunch of flies at our place and not getting gung-ho with spraying, face masks etc.  Maybe I should be being more paranoid but VS causes quarantine but is usually not too harmful if a horse gets it as I understand it.

Colorado has had VS before but this time it jumped from south Texas to northern Colorado.   Hmmm,  if you are in country illegally and LEOs shrug cause ICE won't deport if they arrest you maybe you scoff at following the animal control laws with health certs and the like.   Makes me wonder if there was any match racing near where this cropped up,  or could have been roping or barrels etc too.    Racing at a regulated track I believe they check paperwork a bit more.  

Having a JEF who ignores and waives the laws for large segments of the population is making everyone tend to blow off rules and laws.   That is bad thing with the laws like needing a clean Coggins test and health certificate to haul livestock around to prevent spreading diseases.  Reason #1997 why I hate the MarxSpewMedia.   The JEF would still be doing only minor damage in IL if they had not covered up his faults and invented good things to say about him.

No comments: