Thursday, August 14, 2014

Squee: going to look at a 4 year old gelding on Sunday

I had about decided that the seller was set against me as a potential owner or it was a scam although there were no red flags in the ad and she finally emailed and called me today (I missed her call but called her back)

I'm so excited about this guy,  it does make me a feel a little bit like I'm the crazy cat lady but with horses rather than cats but not really.   Other than hanging onto Lady because she floated around so much before the folks doing the lease to own ran into trouble and I took her back  and I just decided I'd hang onto her until the economy improved --so I'll probably have her for life, although I have it in the back of my mind that maybe she'll go back to KS to be a kids horse for my friend in a few years the only horses *I* have that I don't ride are Grey and Shade - and I do ride Grey occasionally, with his teeth I don't feel like I could keep weight on him and ride him much and Shade is too lame to ride; both of them gave me hundreds of miles of riding fun and earned a nice retirement.


Razz and CJ are dads horses and its not hurting anything for them to only be used for the odd trail riding that Dad does and the hunting trip.  It is a bit silly with CJ since the hunting is the ONLY thing every year but he is such a good boy for packing elk out and packing me around or giving other hunters rides back to camp when I've had my own mount and there were no elk to haul.

Plus Lady and Grey are good extra mounts when I want to ride with the family in Golden I've become friends with.

So just SQUEE,  so excited about maybe getting another horse and one that if he doesn't have an injury or something that the seller is hiding has the potential to be a Big Horn finisher.    Plus I have plans to haul out and ride with some other endurance folks on Saturday.   Finally feels like I'm getting some riding groove back.