Tuesday, August 19, 2014

12.5, 4 and 4.5 miles Sat. Sun. and Monday.

Now turning to packing and stuff for the ride.   I am nervous again that Sadie is not ready for 2 days of the LD course even though she did 12 miles and then the LD just fine on Aug 1st and 2nd.   I just think that the LD course at this ride has usually been a bit long and has a fair amount of technical up and downs so it might be more of a squeeze on pacing to finish in time.   Oh well if I decide Sadie is too tired to go out a 2nd day or we end up OT its not a big deal.   I just want to build on the getting back into the distance riding.   I really missed it last year.

I'm having to force myself to just chill on the weed control at home.  Yes I would like to get after them more but I would not be happy if I kept them sprayed all summer but at the cost of not riding Sadie other than a few short jaunts down the field roads at home.    I will try to make more progress next year.   Hopefully some of the spots I did hit good this year will have less burrs so I can maintain those zones and get some new sports sprayed; maybe do something to improve the pasture.  

My fly bait buckets are helping quite a bit.   With the darn VS scare I cringe seeing any flies on the horses faces but the # of flies is significantly less than before I started using the fly bait in the buckets with some moistened manure or last years dead flies for attractants.

No comments: