Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why does my gut hurt today?

It's not like in 2012 when I was holding onto hope that the Dem pollsters were oversampling and maybe they wouldn't be able to cheat up to their polling #s.   I guess I was sucked in by the 404care fallout stories, that maybe people would wake up based on this.    I KNOW better than to let myself get my hopes falsely raised and still I thought maybe VA would be sensible.

 I haven't seen any polling #'s yet but I expect that the amendment 66 (stealth income tax hike, sold as 'for the schools, and only $133 for average family') will pass in this running to blue stupid state.     Its going to be  well over $200 for me and I wouldn't mind that hit if it was only that increase in my bill but they put in a progressive hike for the first time.   Income over 75K will be hit with 5.9% vs the rise from 4.6 to 5.0% for everybody.    That is going to hurt the small business owners.   I almost think I should do some real prepping pretty soon.

People can ignore math, but it will not ignore them indefinitely.   Really I knew the country was doomed when they rejected "binders full of women" Romney and Ryan who would have juggled the books, delayed the O-care and EPA crap etc but still have kept trying to be compassionate with the treasury and would not have done any hard core reforms.   But hey, I'm in mid-life and no kids so putting off the crisis for a few decades and hoping for people to smarten up would have been  personally good for me.   Now I just don't know whether the decline will be somewhat slow, or if the country/globe will unravel within the decade. 

No comments: