Monday, November 18, 2013

9.3 miles on Sadie

Not a bad ride even for fairly flat at home.    As a total for 3 rides its pretty piddly but at least I got some vitamin H and am keeping Sadie broke.   Today I had to get my feet wet to convince her she could step down into the irrigation ditch with a few inches of water in the bottom.   That was not bad but then when I led her out and mounted up she still wouldn't go in so I had to get off again,  I got in in the ditch and asked her to take a few steps in the water before going out and called it  good.   I'll probably have to lead her in again next time. 

 Oh well, at least she will lead for me in these situations but I have got to be smarter,  I let her refuse to cross or step into water a couple times and set her up to be all stubborn and I know better than to do that, especially with a smart/smart ass bayrab. 

No comments: