Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy to have been wrong

Not about VA but the income tax measure in CO failed resoundingly.   As well it should have but I was worried when I read my ballot because that did not spell out the tax rate hikes.   Thank goodness for the blue books I guess.   I didn't read mine but dad read his and I guess plenty of savvy citizens did as well.  

 Lots of pundits addressing why the VA race went so badly for Cuccinelli,  and I wont depress myself reading them but I think he made the same mistake as Ken Buck did here in 2010.  He supported personhood, life begins at conception.   The Dems use that as a bludgeon "this would mean no fertility treatments, no birth control pills, forget morning after pills ........."    Pro-life candidates need to say "on a personal level I believe life begins at conception" but I only want enough law to prevent horrors like Kermit Gosnell because I don't believe in using state coercion to push moral issues -- or something like that.   There is also the fact that lots and lots of DC government drones live in VA and they believe that Dems can 'keep the spice flowing' 

No comments: