Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy Birthday whiner

Ok, he isn't actually whining but he seems to be silently pouting that no one is remembering its his b-day.    Stupid absent-minded me.   I had given him the last of the Hank the Cowdog books I had bought in a big batch this summer because he was talking about buying them on Kindle.   I've given him so many that I ought to try to fill in the series in real books, that would make a more valuable lot on ebay if we decide to clear out the old books some time in the future.  

I am pouting because I overslept and would have had to push to get a ride in,  but I looked at the ground elk that I took out to thaw too late to cook Saturday sitting in the fridge and decided I really needed to cook it up in some form so I made spaghetti sauce this morning instead of doing something fun.  Sunday I cooked up deer steaks that I had also taken out to thaw and I by choice am at work until 9 pm and not around to be doing any home cooking.  I need to either find myself an SO or find him one because I am really starting to resent current living arrangements and I need to make myself happier before I fly off the handle at him.  He's been this way for 74 years,  I don't seem him suddenly becoming super empathetic and realizing how annoying some of his habits are. 

   Just because lots of men take up cooking as a way to fill their time when they retire I should not be so annoyed that he works so hard to remain at the level of heating soup instead of reading a damn cookbook or watching the food channel and cooking so I could have some good leftovers at work instead of frozen tv dinners made edible by shaking on some spices;  instead of acting like 'poor me,  only get a good home cooked meal once or twice a week'  when he has all the free time from being retired.   Since he is dragging with a cold, geez he seems to stay sick forever with every little virus in his old age I don't really want him doing much cooking of anything I'll eat right now anyway. 

No comments: