Saturday, November 2, 2013

Having fun riding my Bayrab

She was grumpy Thursday for the farrier and Friday starting out with L and Lady but she can just learn to soldier through.   Today she didn't seem so grumpy.   I was planning on trying to get a longer ride in but Ole blew that plan.   It was fairly warm and I figured he'd probably not go much farther after we got to the irrigation ditch.  But he must have picked up a sticker or the toenail claw that got torn out on the hunting trip was sore because he was limping and not keeping up at all so I just used the area where they scraped all the sagebrush off and made a nice smooth spot and did arena type work both directions from the corner.   It was still fun and was good for Sadie but I'm going to have to figure out how to get more miles on and not be hobbled by the dog if I want to do endurance rides next year on the little bayrab. 

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

Tie him up? How is his leg anyway?

Teresa/ride4fun said...

His surgery scar is almost gone. He seemed fine later that afternoon so he either just had a sticker or was faking it. I like to let him come when he wants to run but he always asks to come whether he is up for it or not.

I can't completely trust him to just stay near home if he isn't coming with me so I will probably have to start bringing some twine so I can tie him to the nearest tree or post when he stalls. I did that back when I was legging Shade up and it worked out OK.