Monday, April 23, 2012

That darn gelding

I was not even thinking of riding him regularly, just thinking "maybe I should get one of my LJ pads I used on him back,  just in case I want to ride him a little bit" and he goes and finds something to cut his leg on; the Bugger.   I don't think he has actually lamed himself at all and I am hopeful today that Sadie will be good to go in another week and I just need to get a crupper for her.  Should do that AND change the rigging on her saddle to be forward so the cinch cannot get so much slack by the saddle going forward as well.   Center fire rigging is not working out like I planned and I need to go to plan B.   But it seems like every time I have thought about using Grey a little more the last couple years he goes and injures himself.   I guess he likes being retired and while he is a little bit young to be absolutely retired,  its just as easy for me if I am not thinking "Oh I should ride Grey 1 or 2x a month"   I think I will put him and Shade together by themselves. 

 I let the horses graze this weekend and Shade and Grey are acting like they want to hang out together and have been a bit of PITA to separate back and Lady keeps crawling through the fence and definitely would rather hang out with Sadie, even if it means being in with the big geldings too.   Shade has lost a little weight and Grey has gained so they can probably eat the same stuff for a while. 


I really need to stop coasting,  I just cant decide which direction I need to paddle towards.  Eh that doesn't sound right,  coasting is not really a water/boat term.  Well I'm definitely not a watercraft or swimming person.   But seems like for every "get out of this job" circumstance I get a contradictory one of "oh might get fun if I can hang on."      Sorry I am so dense God, please keep just tapping me with the cluebat; maybe I'll get it and turn the right direction before I run into or off of a cliff.

4 comments:

Gerrick said...

The word your looking for is "drifting" I think.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

yes drifting would be the word for the nautical phrase. You could be an editor :)

Gerrick said...

I just got done writing a 10 page paper on Alzheimer's disease. When it was completed it was 19 pages.

Stuck in editing mode for the next few days.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

19 to 10, you are going to be wearing the full on readers digest condensed version editor hat.

I'm lucky, I only have to review a paper. Its reading pretty well so I probably will not have a lot of comment on it for them.