Saturday, April 28, 2012

played with 3 horses today

I guess its 3 horses, although I don't really think of the mini's as horses, more like super sub compact ponies.   Mojo is acting much tamer wearing his halter.   Today he let me clip a lead rope on him after I scratched his chest and neck a bit and then I tied him up and finally a month after getting it, used the little rasp I bought on his front feet.  

Then I caught Sadie and changed the rigging of her saddle.   No more 3-point rigging for us,  I think I'll wait till I get the crupper and have done lots of long-lining to get her used to it to ride her but I played with long-lining her today after I finally got the latigo straps changed to the front Dees on the saddle.   

Then I rode Shade.   I was going to go down the field roads but Ole started out with us but was stalled after only about 0.3 mile.   I could have tied him to a fence but I decided I would just do some flat work.  The flat work went well;  I think her fetlock felt better and she also did some nice rounding for me.  Got both leads but I had to try twice to get the left one, pretty sure I did not get my hips right on the first request.   Sometimes I'm really sticky to get my left hip forward/right hip back.   

*whew 3 typos that I caught.  I really should edit my posts more.  I had good English teachers back in elementary and HS but I am not reflecting well on them.

No comments: