Sunday, April 22, 2012

ah geeze

Give yourself a trivia point if you got the Archie Bunker reference. I really should find a different blog host on general principles anyway but now google has gone and changed the posting format. There was nothing wrong with the way it was. Oh and now it is eating my line breaks! --NOT HAPPY

 Sadie seems better YAY!. She was expecting me to catch her and bring her out for grain and the surpass rub today, so funny. I told her nope, can't have any drugs in your system when Dr Mike does the recheck on thursday. She has been being so careful that I was concerned that she had more than a bone bruise but have been telling myself not to panic, a bruise to the bone takes serious time to heal up. Yesterday I let them go eat on the scrubby weedy 'pasture' and of course everyone had to go cantering out with tails up etc including Sadie. I think she went "oh cool this isn't hurting" afterwards because she was trotting a bit this morning.

  I must remember to call Dr Mikes office and ask to add a lameness eval. for Shade to the schedule for thursdays visit. I think her RF fetlock that has a bit of arthritis is bugging her slightly. Hopefully I can just give her another round adequan every 4 days for a month and back to maintenance but I want the professional opinion on is it even that foot and the fetlock. Its pretty subtle but I haven't been riding hard enough to aggravate if there is something a bit more brewing there.

  Grey Moun is looking pretty good, he is not feeling so good he is acting bored, "I'd like to go back to work" but he has more energy and no longer acts like it would be an atrocity if I did ride him if I grab him for the farrier or to give him a quick grooming session. I might have to be an indian giver and get back one of his LJ pads, although I could use Shade's treeless saddle on him. I don't really think it would stretch it out miserably.

No comments: