Monday, April 9, 2012

Heres your signs?

Maggie left, NOAA is dragging heels on funding the project which is the reason our group exists-- the AF is picking up the slack for now but Barry is seriously slashing military budgets so if he gets reelected....

And today email from our Program director. Previous president of our parent agency retired in December. New president is eliminating our directors position who oversaw multiple small spin-off, non core, groups like mine....

Criminy, of course I have 'in group' bias but I think the spin-off groups were the most productive in the whole organization; we all had more flexibility and I think most groups, not just ours, had to write proposals for special funding so we had a sort of capitalist type competition to keep us from just getting an entitled bureaucrat mentality. So THIS is where they choose to start cutting?

I think I really have to quit trying to avoid change. I know I'm only being human in wanting things to stay the same but I like to think I'm smart enough to understand that life/reality etc. does not work that way. It is probably time to be pro-active instead of waiting until I'm forced to react.

No comments: