Friday, March 30, 2012

finally friday

I have not been taking good advantage of my shifted work hours this week. Had errands to take care of monday and tuesday. I did ride Sadie on Wednesday, stupid dog was sore or something and wasn't coming so I turned around after only going about 3 tenths of a mile. (good thing is the greenie didn't get wound up at all) I rode a bit in our little arena ended the ride on a good note so not too bad. Then I had a late night and maybe allegries on thursday but I didn't feel like riding, and today I was moving slow and had a bunch of small interruptions so I didn't ride. I better try to ride both mares on saturday in case its blustery on sunday.

I did actually jog some on Wednesday. My knees and muscles hardly complained and I took care to keep my pace easy and not wind myself before taking walking breaks and I feel like I can jog at that level 2-3 times a week. Hopefully that will rev up my metabolism. I haven't not been starving myself, but have been pretty good about not mindlessly eating high calorie stuff or huge amounts but after losing a few lbs right away the scale average has been flat. I really would like to lose 10 lbs if not 15. That will put me back in 'sturdy peasant body type' territory without me feeling like I've got a bunch of flab.

Oy work. Yesterday I noticed as I was cleaning older files off some RAIDS that are due to get new hardware in hopes of speeding them up and checking on the archive area that one of the file types that should be saved had not been in the list to be archived for 2 different missions. This was after I had removed 5 months of data from all 3 RAIDS that had it. Oh well, its not absolutely critical data and could be re-generated but blase attitude of the perl guru who set things up and then just turned over archiving to the web expert and never ever checked the archive area to make sure all expected files were there. And only the main mission was generating one comparison data set with a huge, cumbersome forecast model we are getting specially from the European weather center. Oh well, makes me look better by comparison (I hope)

I bought 3 more mega millions 'tickets' If I win I'm thinking I should try become the new Rupert Murdoch. Once someone wins and the jackpot stops growing I'll assume that if god wanted me to win he would have arranged it and I'll stop playing again. I don't get enough entertainment out of it, in fact I'd have to buy tickets for the lower prize amounts to really get just entertainment. The thought of "I should do something productive with the dough if I win a HUGE jackpot" can be more daunting than fun.

No comments: