Wednesday, March 7, 2012

sunny and 73 to freezing drizzle in 16 hours

Just a typical early march event in Colorado. Its cool because it keeps the insect populations down. We usually don't have flies to the point of being bothersome until well into July or even August.

Yesterday I rode Sadie. She was not magically a calm ride with being ridden twice in 3 days but she is fun. She has been showing her inner Ayrab more lately but she does not "break in two" Her common thing is to do a rollback which I have to turn into a 360 if I'm a bit slow. She will also do a bit of crow-hopping but its really just a bouncy lope. So as long as she doesn't get to doing anything scary I am kind of enjoying the "Oh good, I can still manage a high energy green horse" feeling.

Although I most definitely think I should stick to the plan of "I'll just buy a horse that has been under saddle and is just too energetic for someone that wanted to trail ride with a slower group for my next new mount"

I wish I was artistic. I would love to have a photoshop with BarryO's nose in the air speech giving face and a caption like "As a conservative this is not a great year, but at least the Dems have this windbag as the face of their party"

No comments: