Monday, March 19, 2012

Google is still a ways off from skynet level awareness

They are targeting ads to me for companies that I recently BOUGHT stuff from. How many people are going to buy a second 20 year air mattress a month after they bought one?

And if I were going to buy another bed, a click me google ad is not going to change my mind if I didn't like the company from the first one and was going to try their competition. And now they are doing the same thing with Lee Jeans after I made an internet order on Friday. If they were really aware they would realize I have not made a horse supps purchase for a while and flash those ads in my face LOL.

I suppose I should take this as a good sign that while they know I visited a companies web site they do not have information on the actual order placed via https.

No comments: