Monday, March 12, 2012

I hate being sleepy for no reason

Well ok the time change had a minor effect on me, but my hours are not rigid so I'm easing into it. I feel a bit stuffy, was fine all weekend though so I shouldn't be sick. I think its just my wimpy ass reaction to the stress of "I should find a place and move before being forced into it." It is not just a fuzzy thing any more.

The parents are probably going to divorce. I don't know the mortgage situation on their house but I'm pretty sure enough is owed on it that it would be idiotic financially to pay mom off what she wants on top of the existing mortgage to the bank. Its not set up very well to get someone as a room-mate, the only way to maybe make it pay a bit for itself to keep it would be to board outside horses in a much bigger way than we ever did in the past and that does not appeal to me. We don't have much riding facilities so I don't know how we would attract boarders. Possibly horse retiree boarding but that would be a risk of runaway owners.

Plus I flat feel like if mom is going to make such a selfish move she can suck it up to haul her accumulated junk out to the dumpster and generally get the place salable. *I* did not buy a big garden shed and fill it full of junk for a kid therapy career I was not going to put in the work to pursue when the attic was full.

I did not go fetch home a mini from the neighbor that owed me money. Taking on another 4 legged mouth to feed, that was not even halter trained, let along gelded and properly vaccinated and wormed over its life when you have spent less than 10 hours per year doing ANY thing with the mini's you already own as a debt payment? REALLY?

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

Your mother flip out? Recently I have read several web pages giving examples and reasons for guys not to marry. They changed my mind on marrying. I would rather stay single than spend years with a lady who suddenly decides she doesn't want to be married anymore. It's even worse if there is kids involved.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

My parents have been grumbling one or the other for years about leaving, getting divorced etc and I shrugged it off them just being grumbly. Feels like it might actually happen now.

I did get the benefit of fairly low rent for a couple of decades so I have cash in the bank and flexibility to move now. I have considered moving on & off for a few years and hesitated because I didn't want to yank my rent and labor with horse care etc out from under them when they were getting older after I had benefited from low rent and horse board when I was young and relatively broke.

But I'm not going to take on a huge ass mortgage to hang on to an oversized house that is not set up with separate entrances etc that would make house share easy to set up and take care of her horses for the rest of their natural lives + she'd probably figure she could move back in if she outlives dad and runs out of money. Sod that.

I've known various women who hooked up with user men, supported them and then got left with a load of debt; so I have hesitated to ever marry for that reason, but I guess divorce law does favor women, especially if kids are involved. Actually the law just favors users in general. ---sucks