Monday, June 2, 2008

aaack I missed my eye doc appointment

I should have refused a monday appointment. I'm horrible to forget them.

I had to call and find out when my gyn. appt was. Its thurdays afternoon. Better not miss that one, get it done for another year or so.

Gosh I wish I was out of it because I spent the weekend going on a long trail-ride. I did ride Shade for the 3rd time. I even let her sneak into a trot for just a bit. Some snorting but no sneezes let alone coughs. I do believe I can start really riding her by or before the weekend. So I think my sanity survived the stress test :P I also rode Lady on saturday and put an ad on craigslist for her. No emails yet so I guess I have lots of refining work. I looked up Paso Fino pics to see if her funky back is just a PF thing and looks like not. So maybe I will have to shell out for a chiro.

In non-riding home news I didn't check anything at work all weekend and it felt so GOOD to be leaving it at office. I had mentioned to mom that maybe we should get some 07 hay (because prices might be high this year) Well she heard from our regular hay grower that his grass crop is going to be skimpy this year so I grabbed some hay ads from craigslist and the fencepost internet classifieds and mom made the calls so we got hay from 2 places. We had to clean out the little hay shed on saturday so they could back in a flat bed trailer and stack. (we helped them a bit even though we didn't have to) I could hardly wait to hit the shower that night.

Sunday in addition to riding Shade I was chasing around, dunking hay sweepings (hey being so tight helps me afford to feed so many). I left a gate open where the mini's were and Black Diamond, mom's 2 year old mini stud got out and slipped thru the fence to where Lady was, she is quite a hussy. HooBoy, Diamond thinks he is all that and a side of fries. When mom bellerred at me that I left the gate open & BD got out I ran and closed the pasture gate so the big geldings couldn't get in on the act, then grabbed a halter and caught Lady. I knew Diamond would follow where I took her. So I led her over and was going to put her in the arena which the mini's have the run of, but with the hay shed doors open I couldn't get the gate very fast and Lady and Diamond started kicking at each other, then the dogs were going to rescue me from Diamond when I bellowed at him to quit. I abandoned the arena plan and put Lady in her old pen with Diamond hot on her heels and then led her out and closed the gate and nabbed him. Threw his halter on and put him in the mini's area.

Then I hosed the sweat and dirt off Lady --she and BD had been running around pretty good and let her graze in the farmyard while she dried off. Got my fun ride on Shade. She cracked me up. She was full of herself; when I put her away she sprinted 1/2 way to the pasture to join Cindy and the geldings and then hit the brakes --she had forgotten to roll.

Then I tackled the grass hay stack in the big hay shed that accommodates stack wagons. Darned outlaw hay threw me. I need to stick to riding horses. I was trying to throw 6 bales up from the top of the partial 2 layers to fill in up top --stack was a mess because I had been taking bales off the top when we had other hay that I was saving for V and diet horse stacked in front of it. I knew the partial vertical double layer I was standing on was not real stable and sure enough when I was trying to dig in a bit to lift a bale up it toppled under me. It was only 3 bales high and I landed on my back without any bales landing on me and twisting a knee or something so I was able to climb back up on the outlaw and finish leveling up with the top bales from the very back layers of hay and then come down my ladder. But I informed mom that I 'was done' and she could rake up the loose hay to either feed or mulch with if she wanted to clean the floor any. I put Duke away from the back yard and held AJ to graze for 10 minutes while she did that. Boy did the shower feel good sunday evening.

No comments: