Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lady's trail ride


my butt is dragging, I was a bit nervous and didn't sleep as sound last night plus got up an hour earlier. But it was good. I met my friend Donna at Teller Farm trailhead and we rode Lady and Mason. Lady was not an angel, but was no worse than at home for mounting -takes a minute to convince her to stand. She pivoted away from a bridge on first go, so we waited for trusty Mason to lead the way across. Donna was a bit nervous, she had a bad ride there last winter, but she didn't let on to me and handled it well. Mason tested her a bit --he looses his power steering I think -- but she just circled him when he did and they were fine, except it was a workout ride for her. Lady was a bit impatient, no waiting for security blanket for her but she was not bad about it. I asked her to circle a few times, did a few stops and take 1 or 2 steps back. I'm trying to back her some each ride to build up her back muscles anyway. I think that is working her bump on her back is not showing as much. And since I had a photographer there is actually an image today.

No comments: