Sunday, January 30, 2022

Couple more steps to get my pet code working.

I played with that instead of doing home improvements or decluttering yesterday.   Good thing I did spend weekend time as I had to redo some things I thought were working fine that only happened to work because I was running session A out of A-X for the test case.  

First world problem?  I almost hate doing laundry.   I haven't analyzed why that is.  Seems silly to dislike it so with the modern washing machine doing almost all of the work but still I do.   Okay, I know a big part of the dislike is dealing with Dad's laundry, and the laundry room is also his bathroom.  Blech, I hate that,   I wish the 70's home builders had not been so niggardly with water pipes.   Not even two full bathrooms for a 4 bedroom  house and then the 3/4 bath on the main floor is also the laundry room.   Sooo stupid.  

My HMO had a little piece in their email "decision fatigue"  BINGO.  That is why it is so hard to declutter.  Trying to think what to do with stuff gets fatiguing.   But alas I already do most of their tips.  "just eat the same breakfast,  simplify what to wear."  So it is back to my thing of "you don't have to make a ton of decisions on "what to do with this item?" in one day or weekend,  just make at least one, up to a few but keep pecking at it every day.   I burned out on sorting pictures and need to force myself to get back to that to avoid having extra clutter in the downstairs office.  

Argghhh,    I didn't preserve LDM from the old system.   Hopefully IT can install it w/o spending too much time.   Makes me want to cry that I didn't preserve the whole /ops directory from before the update.  But spilled milk.  If the boss doesn't shut down IT installing LDM for me I'll be able to resume data flow soon.  If he shuts it down I'll just apologize to the folks that used our data and after a day or three of high angst I'll probably enjoy the reduction in workload and stress. 

Whew,  IT was able to install LDM.  Now I *only* need to get the configurations duplicated at least as far as functionality.   I should be able to get that done; might take some dogged persistence but I have that when I want to and I do want this to work.   I need to set aside my annoyance at the bosses to be able to focus on anything so will make a shopping run after the team meeting and then tackle computer shit. 

No comments: