Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Yesterday de-cluttering was physically hard work, as well as mentally

There was a giant lawn bag of rolled up carpet padding foam stuffed behind the water heater downstairs.   Mice were nesting in it.  Yuck yuck yuck.  I got it wrestled out, got some garbage bags over both ends where it was open, just tied at the top and eaten through on the bottom by the mice and duct taped the bags in place and wiped off the excess dust and wrestled it up stairs, into dad's p/u box and then the dumpster.  Also got my heavy dipped gloves and picked up the dead mice that were underneath it and swept up back there.   Also bit of old rolled up carpet that I was sure was also full of mouse piss.  

 Later went on internet and we have field mice, aka deer mice that can carry hantavirus and you are supposed to just mop up with a bleach solution because sweeping can increase inhalation of the hantavirus that is found in mice piss and feces.  Oh well.  Hantavirus is pretty rare.    Still smelled like something dead when I first walk downstairs to clean Tux's litter box and feed him last night.  But progress is being made on removing crap and doing it now gives me the benefit of a nicer living setting vs it being only a monster chore trying to get the place salable later on.   

Today I will probably take it easy.  I want to sew a belt loop on pair of corduroy pants that I got a button sewed on Sunday and I have a set of tabs open:  CL, an animal shelter and a scouting outfit.  If I can get one contacted for donating or one CL ad written it will be good.  I also need to get ahold of the Eq. dentist.  I don't know why I keep punting on contacting him and on getting the horses wormed.   No good reason for procrastinating on either of those things but I seem to have a mental block on both. 

No comments: