Thursday, January 20, 2022

Is it nap time?

 So tired today.  Didn't sleep real well, stupid burn kept me awake a bit, thankfully not all night long, then I woke up and was going to doze back off but realized I hadn't switched the one caster so IT can rebuild the caster we are hosting.   My pet project system will not work as I had it before with its OS upgrade.  I need to ask IT how much it would be to make it the paid OS that is on a few critical systems.  If I am way overestimating the cost that would get things back up more quickly.   


Two days later and same question.   I'm tuckered out after 1 load of laundry and a bit of sorting and labeling of 20 year old pictures.  Some of them are fun memories.  Many are frustration because I don't remember or know who the people are.  Dad can't see well enough to recognize if he even would remember the faces.  Oh well, I'm labeling the few I know and moving on.   The reward is mostly to stop having cardboard boxes of old pics in their envelopes from the developers, memories of actual film, plus empty photo boxes by getting the pics into the photo boxes.  I want to get to a point where I don't halfway envy people who lose everything but their pets in a house fire.  So sick of having clutter everywhere.  

Tearing up.   Now is when the Saturday chess and dress thread was posted.   Fuck the CCP and Fauci and his evil CDC, NIH, etc buddies that magnified the lethality of covid with guidelines against using cheaper viable therapies.   Maybe getting the vaccine would have helped Muse have a mild case and not die, but given all their flip flops and the hiding of data and prohibiting therapies, all trying to push only the vaccines, of course we are skeptical,  and plenty of vaccinated folks have died too.   I don't even play chess and not at all a fashionista but I loved the thread, doodling with the beginner chess problem, looking at the dresses, and pics of Melania and princess Kate in their high fashions.   I had to close up the hobby thread tab today.   I could have enjoyed it a wee bit in place of a movie thread but I'm not artistic enough to craft for a hobby, and the grief over losing Muse is too raw to even distract myself reading about folks who can do dioramas and train setups and things and I didn't want to be rude to JJ and the crafters who are talking about their hobbies. 

No comments: