Friday, January 7, 2022

Decluttering is hard

 I don't have a huge problem parting with things.  But I am over the top on wanting to re-home things that I think are still useable vs just putting them in a dumpster and it is bloody hard trying to figure out who to try to give those items to.   

No progress on the "how can I give these disaster blankets (cheap wool) to homeless folks"  Nor have I mustered myself to put mom's sheet music on CL.  But I did finish getting pics from my office cork board put into photo albums and the box on the flower bed.  The tulips did so well last year after being covered with plastic from the patio project dad had done that I decided to cover the flower beds again this year.  I don't know where the plastic sheeting is so I am using cardboard boxes and various dumpster stuff that I figured could serve as winter mulch first and then go in the dumpster this spring.   

Today laundering dad's bedding.  Yuck, but part of the de-cluttering is to make it easier to manage cleaning.  He loves to talk and might actually enjoy the company of being in a nursing home but with their lockdown policies they had last year with covid I'm sure not going to try to nudge him to consider going into one, and if he did go to one then I would have carve out time to visit him, and do 100% of the house and farm care w/o being able to sell and move unless he decided he wanted to get into one in WY or near sis in ND.  

No comments: