Thursday, January 13, 2022

knock wood 94 pounds of stuff will be re-homed this afternoon.

 I put an ad for mom's dumbbells on CL.   Have someone supposed to meet me at TSC at 2:45.  I didn't want to give out my address and have folks coming here.  Getting paranoid I suppose but still, I need to get some feed anyway and the store is easy to find.  Apps still try to send people on a bad route to get to our place so I'm always writing stupid long directions for them,  plus the privacy concern.  

Another stupid clock products fire drill this morning.  But I learned a new bit of info so now I know to have IT make the caster we host into an HA pair and that should remove future issues I hope.  And I was working to try to get clocks working but today I didn't feel like "oh NOES, it is my responsibility to keep this working"   I never wanted to be stuck with the job of trying to maintain data continuity for the stupid clock software.  I hate that software.  It has a stupid pass/fail for selecting sites to use and often will select 30 sites that include 20 with a data gap but 'passed'  and leave 10 or more sites without a stinking gap unused.   STUPID, but is it murkily written obj oriented code, that I can't easily see how to make it smarter.   

Yes!   The guy who was texting about mom's weights showed up.  I donated the $20 I charged for the weights to the school suicide prevention group outside the TSC.   I read somewhere years ago that listing something as free just invites flakes to enquire about it and they don't even show up so its better to charge a small amount even for stuff you just want gone.  I haven't had enough transactions to really say but the few things I have handled that way worked out.

No comments: