Monday, June 2, 2014

riding log catch up. Th, Sat, and Sun

Rode 3.5 miles Thursday morning.   6.5 miles Saturday with good speed work.  Sunday I hauled Sadie and Lady and picked up the draft X I rode last year and rode with his family.   J rode his Mtn bike and covered some trails we decided were too rocky and steep for our horses.    I don't know how far we went but it was good.  Sadie led the way a fair amount but sometimes Lady had to take the lead when Sadie was feeling anxious.    Sadie got startled by some deer once and did a pivot and jump off the trail onto the slope dotted with small boulders but then whoa'd for me and didn't get scraped up.    I had to lead her across a bridge and Lady had to lead the way over it on the way back. 

We did do some trotting and a bit of canter but not a lot.   I have GOT to figure out what to do for her hooves.   I used Epics on her fronts,  the wide version gloves are too wide with her hooves rasped in my rough 4 point trim I did to keep the flaring sides from flaring worse and chipping.  

No comments: