Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ugh, I need to take a break from internet

So of course I am posting to blog.   Well I need to take a break from the politics site on the internet.  Its too depressing.  Yesterday they organized a mini charity drive for a federal worker who got suspended w/o pay for 2 weeks and OMG he can't afford this, just bought a house in Alexandria yada yada.   I guess I feel badly when I keep my wallet closed or it wouldn't be so on my mind but I feel like the republic is doomed when a well paid federal worker who is pretty conservative if you judge by internet haunts has to have his buddies go begging and rely on the kindness of strangers because keeping a few weeks worth of pay in emergency savings 'who does that?'     And reminded me all over of all the conservative oldsters who think they have 'earned' ALL their bennies and totally would refuse to look at a spreadsheet if you laid out a case that no see you'd still be ahead if your bennies were cut to 90% or whatever.  

Also depressing yesterday the senile old GOPe candidate won the run-off in MS.  I don't know how I feel about results in CO,  I didn't have a strong feeling of 'who should I vote for'   At least the dude that Zuckerman or Soros was running ads trying to get the nomination to him lost, but with the general mood that may cost some tea party/ core base votes in the general.   But then, see above I don't think the country survives anyway.  Best I can hope for is the ideals of liberty, equal rule of law, etc are preserved and blossom again out of our ashes or someplace else in the world.

 Just need to stockpile things as I can and still maintain 'quality of life' in the present and try to be better at building a network of friends and a skill set in case it becomes next to impossible to hire stuff done well.  

No comments: