Monday, June 16, 2014

Do I have to? Plus fun weekend

Ughh,   one of my supervisors just walked in my office a bit ago and announced "we (my supervisors) were discussing and feel that you should be promoted"    I don't really need a salary bump.  I don't really want to keep working here all that much longer.  I really don't *want* to have to write up a bunch of BS to justify that my position is next level up value to the group.    But its not really something one refuses.

I had a lovely 4 day weekend.  I took Grey and Sadie to the MRER centered riding clinic. Holly hosted it at her beautiful place. I took Grey for the bigger group rides because Sadie still isn't ready for lots of horses and it fries her little mind, but it was SO cool feeling my 26 year old swayback round up and travel nice with the centered riding.    What a fun reward to me for being considerate for the group and taking the old BTDT the T-shirt is worn out gelding along to do that half of the riding exercises.

Sadie was a bit of a pill the first day in the 2 or 3 horse group rides, but then she settled into the work fairly well. Becky showed me *'bend a hoe' one-rein stop. A step beyond the small circles I had been doing.  I got some nice trots from Sadie on days 2 and 3. She was in heat on day 3 and suddenly strange geldings were intriguing rather than scary. I didn't let her just stop and wink at the boys when we were doing any work, but every time we stopped her hormones were on full display.  I may try to get some raspberry leaves before taking her to any endurance rides.   That is supposed to calm some general nervous issues for some horses and the raging hormones in most mares.  

* I think its "bend a whoa" but Becky pronounced it hoe at the clinic, and 'bend a ho' is a good way for me to remember it as a way to shut down the horse misbehavior.   

No comments: