Sunday, June 29, 2014

7 miles today. Heat training

It didn't feel terribly hot riding even though I didn't get started until noon because there was a nice breeze, but it is hot today.   I got the hay shed raked out pretty well,  rode Sadie and decided today is a day to do indoor chores in the middle of the day rather than worrying about burning daylight.

I sent dad to get some water to top off the cistern.    It was not dry but the pressure pump was not keeping good consistent pressure and that usually means the cistern is pretty low.   I didn't want to have to worry about whether I should do a load of laundry and wash saddle pads, could we water flowers and keep horse tanks filled etc.    Dad had been trickle watering the little orchard area for several days and the one hydrant always trickles.  I told him we might have to just drag that hose back and forth between the evergreens and the orchard for the rest of the summer.

I've been pecking away on getting my trailer ready to haul 4 horses and the p/u cleaned up to haul 3 people rather than just myself.   I should start freezing some water jugs to take along.  I like having cold water plus helping that little fridge not have to work so hard.

No comments: