Thursday, May 29, 2014

Need to get in gear if I'm going to ride this AM

After our rainy stretch we are getting a mini heat wave.  Temps are not terribly high but it feels muggy by my high desert standards and its been kicking my butt a bit.   I did pull weeds Tuesday and spray goatsheads yesterday but spending more time surfing than when it was cooler last week.

I should call the farrier I wanted to try again this morning and if I don't hear back I need to move on in the search or contact the endurance guru and see if he can take on 1 more horse.   I don't trust my eyes too far so I will not do the rasping and boots w/o a periodic backup.  I'd really prefer to just go with shoes of some sort than have to rasp and put boots on all the time.  Should be doable if I'm willing to spend the dough.   Sigh,  I hate the search and I hate leaving D as a customer but I have got to have excellent trimming and shoeing not just fairly good if I'm going to ride serious miles on Sadie and I do still think I want to do that.   I'm too young to get plumb lazy and only do dinking around rides at home and a very few walky talky trail rides with dad and sis. 

No comments: