Monday, May 5, 2014

18 miles on Sadie this weekend

Sadly that was spread over 3 days so not great prep for doing a 25 mile ride.  But baby steps,  upping to 6.5-7 miles was a step up over the 4-5 miles and the day I rode Sadie alone we did quite a bit of trot and canter.   Did a fair amount of trot/canter on Sunday with L and Lady but L was getting a headache so did not push the pace much or add an extra 1/2 mile or anything on the way home.   Well we did canter up the oil-line strip.   I was pleasantly surprised she was up for that at that point.    I am trying to kick myself into gear to make some riding dates.   Being a procrastinator and introvert too often winds up with me just riding at home.   I need to set up riding dates and inform L she can tag along if she keeps up or she has to come out to the place on alternate days.   

Dad is drinking some super green supplement and has stopped buying party size bags of MandMs.  He did meter out the candy by pouring up a small cupful so didn't scarf the bags in just a couple days, but still not great with type 2 diabetes.  I don't know if the supplement or dropping candy is responsible but he has also been doing more around the place in the last week or so.   Perhaps that is just him not wanting me getting so frustrated with trying to keep up some bare minimum maintenance at the cost of riding time that I 'run away' from home but as long as he doesn't overdo and hurt himself its quite welcome.

However I *still* want to hire some grunt labor help.   I'm going to place an ad on CL unless I find someone posting as services or job wanted in my area.  Last week all I saw was lawn services in Denver.   I rode in the mornings and pulled cheat grass in 3 to 4 sessions with breaks both Sat and Sunday and still have 20 square feet or more to go in the gigantic flower bed.    Called the tire place to see about getting two new tires for my pickup.   They can order the exact style I had like I wanted.  I still have pretty good tread on two tires so wanted to match things up and just buy 2 tires.    Over $250 per tire but its been a couple years since I did p/u tires so I was thinking it might be up to $300 with inflation.   I'm sure not going to replace trailer tires just based on age though, or even the p/u tires with good tread are probably over the recommended age limit but they seem to be in good shape. 

No comments: