Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5.2 mile ride today

Should have rode farther but I was lazy getting started and the dark clouds gave me an excuse of 'well maybe I shouldn't get too far from home, looks like there could be a late morning thunderstorm'.   Was going to make Sadie double back most of the pipeline strip for some extra distance but Ole had sat and waited for us after the first 2 miles so with the serpentining I did up the 1/2 mile strip he was right there when I headed back towards the irrigation ditch and I didn't make Sadie go farther anyway. 

 The  Fri,Sat,Sun before memorial day ride in WY has moved base camp.   Since the ride will now be out in the middle of nowhere so no riding through town to start and finish loops I decided to go for it on driving up there.  Called my vet to keep health cert/travel papers arranged.   I was so bummed though,  I found out there is a competitive trail ride at the AFA that weekend but its too late to sign up for it.   If they have it next year I'm going to try and do that.   In state, short drive and pretty scenery that civs don't get to ride on w/o special arrangement anymore.  

There is also a CTR on June 7-8 that is fairly close by.  I need to call and see if I can sign up for it, get some extra exposure before my centered riding clinic.  Hopefully I'll decide Sadie can handle the commotion but I might drag Grey along JIC I decide I want to take him in the larger group activities.  Kind of hate having the 'horse back at the trailer' as extra angst though.   Will have to see how Sadie does with the distance rides and decide.

No comments: