Monday, May 19, 2014

Ughh, trying front shoes on Sadie didn't work out and no ride this weekend

Well the ride up in WY is still on this weekend, its just that I won't be attending it and getting away from this smug asshole state and the endless farmstead upkeep.   Sadie stepped on her shoe when I ws riding her Saturday and I was so stupid I didn't check out the shoe right away and it twitsted way around.   She did not seem sore finishing the ride that day but I rode her on Sunday in hoofboots to test and she was off after about 5 miles of moderate pace riding.

So 19 miles from Friday through Sun, but now Imma have to give her time off.  I'm not sure for how long,  I don't have much experience with hoof soreness issues, not sure if she has a bruise or what.

 I felt very low on Sunday, angry with myself for not being on the ball with the loosened shoe and for not being more proactive this winter to contact the hoof trimmer and boot guy and try to get her feet better and then trying to get by with having D shoe her.    I'm going to have to get a specialty farrier and probably use glue on shoes for a cycle or 2 if I can't be happy with my rasping and the hoof boots option.  

No comments: