Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wow, we are getting a lot of rain the last few days

I hope the heavy rains last night didn't wash out winter wheat that had been planted.   The county will have to work on our road again.    The sides are all washed out but at least the middle was nice firm surface to drive home on.   

Its probably good timing for Sadie.  I've been rasping on her feet while they were soft.  Did the back feet yesterday and her heels were all red when I rasped a little bit.  I don't know if its older bruising from hoof boots or from not having the boots Sunday riding her on the rocks up in Golden.  Hopefully the damp ground will keep it from getting too sore.   I wish I knew what would be best to do for her feet going forward.  I need to email the endurance mentor guy that is doing some barefoot trimming so I can pick his brain, get the boots with less heel strap if I decide to continue without shoes etc etc.   

No comments: