Saturday, September 14, 2013

L was out to ride this morning, first dry day we've had since Monday

No flooding at her house and I think all the normal routes to our place were open today.   I've been resting a bit and also working from home a bit.  I don't like working on the laptop.  I'll have to ask our new sys admin how best to get a good VPN server/client whatever installed on the desktop mac. 

Lady was good for L and Sadie was good for me.  A few ouch steps from Sadie that seemed to be front feet,  I don't think the heel bruising has ever made her really sore.   The ditch road was washed out in the one spot where there is an ATV/horseback crossing spot, otherwise no visible water damage out on the field roads I ride.

 Its such an odd juxtaposition with all the damage I see shown on the news in Boulder, Lyons, Estes Park, Evergreen and now Firestone, Evans, etc with slower water flooding.   I'm not ready to put it out really widely but I did volunteer on the endurance FB page that we could take a few horses for a week or so if someone has barn and pastures underwater.   

I hope the possible rain overnight and Sunday is minimal and my work is back open early next week.  Power has stayed on so if roads are OK maybe they will open up, but if there is a lot of damage around town they might feel like they need to keep the buildings closed for an extra day or two to stay out of the way of cleanup efforts and stuff.  I'll be happier if I'm just going to work, if I'm home and dad has the TV on I suspect the news coverage will be shifting to a lot of the sob stories and I get annoyed.    

I almost wanted to reach through the screen and slap some idiot who almost got her baby drowned trying to drive through water on Thursday.  "I had NO idea it could be like this,  well at least she was shaken up"   but the media either seek out the whiniest cry babies and only air those clips, maybe the pathos gets more eyeballs, or there are an awful lot of people who just want to whine to the world when misfortune befalls them based on past news coverage when there has been wildfires and stuff.  



No comments: