Friday, September 27, 2013

My car got a new manifold gasket and spark plugs

So it will probably have a bit more oomph when I want to accelerate and hopefully this fixes the NOX too high (and we are high elevation and have some ozone worries so its probably good to fix that)  and I will be good to license the car for 2 more years and it will also keep running those two years.   That will have it over 180K which will probably be pushing the limits for the econo box model that I don't baby.  (well other than taking it in to get oil changed and checked out by my mechanic,  but even there I stretch the oil changes to 3500 or more vs 3000 miles and so on.)

Ole's leg is healing up and the lab reports came back as cancerous but clear margins so I guess it is OK that I went ahead with the surgery.  First pic is Sep 21, two days after his stitches ripped out and was looking pretty ugly.  Last two pics are from today.   Yesterday I rode Sadie and let Ole come as the vet has said we no longer have to restrict his activity.   She has had over a week to get used to the collar on him so I expected she would be OK but I was still pleased that she didn't give me any fake dramatics when he was bounding around as we were riding.   I kind of liked that collar, it made it easy to spot him vs him blending into the weeds and long grass.




1 comment:

Gerrick said...

Holy Crap!

That looks so painful...

That's not a hole, it's a huge gaping wound!