Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sigh my car failed its emissions test.

I must remember to call my mechanic tomorrow morning and ask if he thinks he can fix it, I should go to one or the other of the places in Brighton recommended by the air testing place, or start car shopping.   The car does have 150K miles on it.   The testing place said one cylinder mis-fired.  I suppose that could be something easy like a spark plug but if the cylinder is failing I can't see trying to keep the car going,  what a nuisance, the car has been kind of nickel and diming me this year,  bearing went out on the rear wheels,  then I had to have the front strut or whatever fixed because my tire was wearing excessively

   I really really hate shopping but I could ask my dad,  the only thing is he is not much of a bargain shopper but I think he actually kind of enjoys the process of looking at stuff like cars and such.   Well first I need to call my mechanic and get some input.  If the car can be made to pass the emissions test with a few hundred dollar repair I'll probably go that way even though I've got the Ugh, this thing is needing so much attention lately and something else will probably go  in 3-4 months if I get the "too much NOX" issue fixed trepidations.

Had OK rides on Sadie on Saturday and this morning with L.  Sadie continues to feel a bit ouchy on any rock though and I just don't know whether I need to be more diligent with the rasping, or what.  

3 comments:

Gerrick said...

Thank God the commies haven't forced my state to start doing emissions tests.

No vehicle I drive would ever pass one.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

The original standards made sense here because in winter we get a lot of temperature inversions where colder air just sits at ground level about the time of rush hour traffic so the air would get yucky.

Of course you can never scale gub'mint stuff back so as the area has improved its air quality the EPA has tightened the standards so Denver/metro still fails on too many days.

Gerrick said...

Well if Denver never failed its tests, would there be any reason to keep the EPA around?

Failed tests means revenue.