Thursday, September 5, 2013

belay that,

I guess I am going to be taken up on my offer to ride the draft cross for 2-3 weeks.   Me and my impulsive offers.   Oh well it will not be a bad thing.   Not as good as if they were using a trainer, mainly because I suck at explaining things so while I'm thinking the cross will be fine, as he was when I rode him for a mile or so the one time, I won't be able to give nearly as much info for them to apply when he goes back.   Oh well I guess I can write about what I did every time I ride or long line him and pass those notes along.

I'm going to give them two options.  A) I take him this weekend when I pick up Lady.  Bring him back in 3 weeks and show them how to long line him.  Then they can long line him for a week before R is cleared to ride per her Docs orders and while he settles back in and start out with long-lining him for work and the first rides being just cool-down sessions so he gets the idea of R is the boss but riding is the easy thing.  

B) I take him starting in 2 weeks and they can come out and ride at our place at least once before he goes back.   I really don't know which would be better.   He might be nicer for R away from the environment where he has started doing his bit of acting up, but then he might revert back at his home base more easily than if he gets some boot camp and then she does some long lining there before she starts back to riding.    This is why I'll just give them the choice, they are pretty good at the animal psychology and at least it won't be have been my call if it doesn't work out perfectly.     


No comments: