Friday, August 10, 2012

Ugh, need to pack up for my weekend ride

Mom is back in hospital.  Her lungs were filling with fluid wednesday morning, she called paramedics, felt like she might not make it having dad drive her in.    Hospital did tell her it was good she didn't wait so probably was a good thing to call the paramedics as that mobilizes the hospital folks too.   I am a lousy 'doc' substitute.  She was having some issues tuesday but her doc that it might be hyperventilating from the O2 being too high.   Possibly it was a bit,  her color looked OK to me tuesday and she seemed to feel better after I turned the O2 flow rate down.

My fridge in my weekender trailer is not working at all.  I forgot to ask dad if he could check on it.  Might have a blown fuse,  I can use a cooler, not like its a long trip and I don't even bring serious perishables anyway but its a bummer,  but with us both dealing with mom suddenly being seriously ill, the fridge was not on the radar.  

I'm wavering a bit on bringing Sadie, almost tempted to just take Shade rather than have to deal with a 2nd horse but I do want to get exposure for the kiddo.    Don't know what is going to happen wrt to going to WY in 3 weeks.  Probably dad will have to stay home,  I think he wants to wait and see if mom is even released to home but I don't think they will say she needs #weeks in a nursing home so if we don't line up an aide to stay in the house; or see if there are any assisted living places that will do a short term stay then someone will have to stay home and if we wait there probably won't be time to get arrangements made.   I almost feel like I should not even go, but I really feel like its a great ride to get a 50 done, and will give me time for plan B if we would get pulled.    I suppose I could just encourage dad to cancel, but I just don't want to put off him doing stuff he enjoys.   He doesn't seem to have any major health issues but he does seem to need a lot of sleep, which keeps whispering to me that his healthy years might not extend very long.  

No comments: