Monday, August 20, 2012

UGH, just UGH

I lived through losing a Senate election here in 2010 because the guy I supported and who won the primary was pretty socially conservative.  I supported and voted for him because I thought he'd be much better fiscally and while I'm rather liberal socially  *I* knew that there was no danger of congress passing any socially restrictive new laws.

   Now I wonder if  the GOP would have won that race if the more moderate woman had won the primary.  And Buck never gave an interview and said "a women's body can fight off pregnancy in the case of a 'real' rape"  or said anything anywhere close to that kind of idiotic statement.  The Dems spun up a whole lot of crap out of very little substance and managed to scare enough folks in CO to defeat him.  

Buck had signed the stupid "Personhood" amendment petition and in a rally (not interview)  after the squishy had accused him of not being a man about something he said ".... My opponent has accused me of not being a man ..... so why should you support me .. I don't wear high heels I wear cowboy boots...."      So the squish  cut the quote to  "support me because I don't wear high heels" and attached him as 'anti-wimmen'  and of course the Dem borrowed her out of context attack ad + hit with attack ads with women saying he would outlaw Birth Control pills and fertility treatments because the "personhood" amendment with its "life begins at conception" language.

So for the blooming IDIOT in MO to say in an interview that he thinks abortion should be outlawed in all circumstances, because women hardly ever get pregnant from rape and using some stupid wording of "real" rape?   OMG,  bow out of the race now you stupid effing idiot!

 MO is probably quite a bit more conservative than CO but that is effing shooting a big caliber bullet in your foot right before the starting gun goes off.   And I gather in this case the Dem who had no challenger and MO not having protection from crossover voters in the primary's encouraged her supporters to vote for Akin because she knew he'd be so dumb in some way or other vs the other TWO GOP candidates.

WTH is wrong with MO GOP anyway letting three people vie in the primary anyway?   That is why states have caucuses and conventions, to reduce the field to two candidates so that its harder for mobys to win when the two better candidates are splitting votes from the folks that want their side to win in November.  

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH.    

No comments: