Friday, August 3, 2012

Mom has scarring in her lungs

I thought she was not getting a whole lot better from the antibiotics for the diagnosed pneumonia.   Dr.s scheduled to do a bronchoscopy and may take a biopsy depending what the camera shows I guess.  I hope they don't find cancer.    But perhaps I did have a sense that her poor health lately had a physical root cause and thats why I should not be working on moving away.   OTOH I am a huge wimp about personal change.   They will also do some kind of heart test but my gut feeling is that any heart issue was from working too hard due to the low oxygen from the lungs and being so overweight.   I think lungs can heal, although at her age maybe not so much.   She is not wanting to be on home oxygen.   I don't know why, she must have negative mental images, but with the concentrators and stuff they have now you aren't just tethered to a nasty tank and the O2 should help metabolism and the weight + give a lot more energy so I believe I'd be "sign me up NOW"  if it was me.

No comments: