Monday, August 20, 2012

need a title

Can't think of a good title right now.  

I feel off today.   It was a reasonably productive weekend.   Better than many this long hot summer.  I put an ad on CL on Saturday and got rid of all but 3-4 bales of the moldy, dusty problem hay.   Frosty's hives are not gone but I think they are marching along towards the shrinking up just to scabby bits of skin state that Sadie's did.   I rode Shade on Saturday and mixed in extra repetitions of the little hills on my quick route I ride from home.   L was out on Sunday and I rode Sadie.   We went about 6 miles and Sadie went on some new to her ditch roads and past the "ooh scary" junk that folks had dumped beside the road.   Lady had to lead the way past the junk but Sadie was good then and Sadie led the way some herself and was a pretty nice ride.    I did some flat work on Shade Sunday evening.   I put out some more fly bait containers on Sunday because we are getting the usual August uptick in the fly population and I have low tolerance for flies this year. 

I was on call at work and also got a site collecting data that has had a long outage and the local contact just noticed and started working with us to get it functional again. 

This morning L called to cancel coming out to have me show her how to long line Lady; so I wormed the horses.  I had meant to do it this weekend but had not gotten it done so it worked out good to have that last minute cancellation.   Filled the horse water tanks this morning.   Got most of the garden and mom's flower beds watered over the weekend.   Caught up the dishes again.   I've been adding bleach to the last few loads to boost the cleaning on the old thing.  I always soak or pre-wash enough that the dishes get clean, but the plates get an icky film on the bottoms over time w/o the bleach.   Some day I'll have to take the bull by the horns and arrange to get that crappy old thing replaced myself.  We keep putting off doing anything about it because of angst that it will be a big mess trying to get a replacement in that space under the counter top.   It would not be the end of the world to have to redo some of the counter top though.  

So not a bad weekend.   Got some things done,  had some fun time riding.   But I feel like I've just been drifting in a current or something.   I didn't get my cell phone activated.  I will have to call them again .... blah, but could not find the ph quick this morning and wanted to get going to work.  Breaks my heart to have to wait a day or 2 to deal with it ---NOT.  

 I guess mainly I'm just in limbo about mom's health.    I thought she was getting better early last week (course I was gone at work a lot.)   She was pretty lethargic this weekend though, even dozed off rather than watching football and she loves her football.    I have to call sis and see if she has talked to dad,  and if she wants to come and ride in WY over Labor day anyway.  (might be OK,  I rode with dad in July,  sis will come down and hunt with him early in Nov.  but I feel bad that he was looking forward to going on this little trip and most likely can't now). 

I'm pretty sure he is at least as behind as me in wrapping head around the fact that mom now has a pretty serious chronic condition.    But then he has been coughing some and I'm not so sure a high altitude trip in 1.5 weeks would be great for his health anyway.  Argghhh.  I really didn't think I'd have to think about parental health issues for at least another few years, but I guess -- a fair # of people are healthy into their 80's now, but its still not terribly unusual to have health issues in late 60's and early 70's. 

No comments: