Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finally found a great reason to procrastinate my ride travel

I had a bad tire on my trailer that I noticed only after I had backed it out and was about to catch horses.  I'm probably going to have to get my back axle aligned or something as both tires were wearing on the insides.  I replaced one that I say exposed wires on the inside and replaced the other one for it to become my spare as the spare was quite worn and had cracks visible.   When we took off that tire it was also wearing way heavily on the inside of the tire.     So since I was not sure I wanted to ride the 25  both days anyway I postponed driving to the ride until today.

 Getting to the point I need to get moving now or I won't have daylight to take Sadie for a trail ride today and that has been the plan; perhaps I'm a bit nervous and procrastinating because of that.  But going out by myself, while not quite as good as going out with a good babysitter is better than going out with a non-babysitter and feeling pressured not to cut their ride short.  If I go out by myself I can just turn around if I don't think I 100% safely get past an obstacle.

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

Hope your having a good time.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Shade rocked the LD and that was great fun. I think we were just out of top ten --my goal was to be in the middle of finishers and get a great conditioning ride to set up doing a 50 in 3 weeks in northern WY and we were spot on for that.

But my goodness what a technical trail and I am such a wuss for heat/exertion this year. We only had about 40 minutes to spare on the time limit for completion and we went at a good clip almost all of the good footing sections of trail. Walked in and out of the loops each time and walked the rocky sections of trail but trotted or cantered almost all the nice footing spots otherwise.

Then I had to wait until it cooled off a bit and I recovered some energy to pack up and leave. I could have stayed overnight but I had hardly any people food packed and opted to stick to my plan of coming home today.