Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Victory

Walker won in WI.   YES!   I am not a curse by contributing.   Well I was probably above 50% in 2010 on folks I sent a little money too wining but the 'dry wells' were so dis-heartening.     But I contributed directly to Walker and also to FreedomWorks.   I don't know if Walker and the WI GOP/Tea Party needed any help from the FW group but hopefully the FW group has gained good strategies etc for this November.   I think I'll give them more money and maybe a little money to a couple Rep.s in my state that I'm already on mailing lists for.   I am not interested in getting on any more individual mailing lists.

Personal victory front I rode Sadie down the road today.   First time down the road since the saddle slipped under her belly, that must be 6 or 7 weeks now.   I used the Barefoot Cheyenne treeless again and it seemed to stay put, first time going down a hill and though its not a steep or long hill its more of a test than the arena ride on Sunday.   Sadie had some angst but did not do anything wild, tried to spin around a bit but it was not a big fight over continuing.   I only went 1 mile and came back and kept the speed down.   We will work back up to longer and some cantering after a few successful rides. 

3 comments:

Gerrick said...

The professional hippies in Madison are pissy.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

I've heard about the twitter death threats to Walker, but not other details.

I'm kind of surprised the hippies were not resigned to losing; but perhaps they thought the various illegal votes from the dead and out of staters with phony addresses would beat the polling advantage that Walker had.

Gerrick said...

I think a simpler explanation would be that they live in a bubble so thick that they cannot comprehend that there really are people who do not believe as they do.

They and the left have had it easy in this state for so long that they figured the working people had already resigned themselves to serf status and elevated the left to a new aristocracy.

When it comes down to it Walker was taking the means they had spent so much time trying to set up so that the democrat party would have endless funding from their union symbiotes. All the protesters rhetoric came down to them wanting something for nothing and getting mad that Walker would even suggest they are not overlords and could chip into their own retirement funds. Teachers in this state have had it way too good. Work 9 months a year for a decent salary and then have 3 months to loaf around or take advantage of the situation by getting a part time summer job.

A friend of mine is planning to do just that when he becomes a teacher in a couple of years.

This brings to mind all of the "in-services" that the teachers have during the year. They translate into extended weekends off because few of the instructors actually bother to go to the in-service meetings. They don't have to so why should they?

Ok, I need to do something else, thinking about this is just making me more angry.