Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beer thirty

Finished a decent ride with L.   We went about 8 to 8.5 miles and did some exploring.   Went down a powerline up access space through the middle of little town near hear and hit an irrigation ditch that  I had never been that far south on but figured should run that way.   It was kind of fun,  the powerline access used to be or is often blocked off from the way we came but was open today.   

I did a little tree pruning this morning.   What really needs doing now would best be done with a chain saw or some of it could be handled with a rope saw I guess.   I'm playing the girl card wrt to chainsaw.  I don't like messing with it, its hard to start, I hate the noise and vibration and also have that bit of worry that it will skip or something and I'll put a huge gash in one of my limbs.  

Put some wet cotton on all 4 of Mojo's hooves for about 3 hours and then did some rasping.   I need to call the farrier and see if I can move up our appointment by a couple of weeks.  If I just had one horse I think I could get into the just rasping them and booting for rocky trails but I cannot keep up with multiple horses and I'd just as soon take the shortcut with every  horse while I'm at it.   

No comments: