Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jingling curb chains ...

But it looks like swapping saddles will work for both Sadie and Shade.    My Synergist that I had made for Sadie had started wanting to slide foward.   After a saddle under her belly incident, then crupper woes and the saddle seeming to be pulling against the crupper just doing some flat work and little mare was NOT happy when I got on her with that situation.   She did not blow up and buck me off but she was tense as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs as they say.

Still it took L asking me if I was going to try another saddle for me to realize DUH, that is exactly what I need to do.   So I tried Shade's treeless on Sadie on sunday and it stayed where I put it, I had it too far forward initially, moved it back and it stayed there.    This morning I tried the Synergist on Shade and it was not sliding forward that I could observe.  I think I want my  felt pad that I have folded to raise the front of the saddle a little bit and cut a spinal channel for using with the treeless because the saddle did feel a bit low in front to me, but main thing is it was not sliding and Shade did not feel like the tree was bothering her any.   

The treeless seemed more secure on Sadie w/o the felt pad.   If I decide she needs more spinal channel later I think I'll have to buy another thin felt pad and not have the fold in front, but just cut it to fit or whatever.  

No comments: