Saturday, June 23, 2012

How dry is it?   Even the tumbleweeds aren't growing as far as I can tell.  

I am topping off my redneck fly bait cups every day.   They will probably be dry after my weekend at the riding clinic.  I am so happy the clinic is in an indoor arena.   I'll probably still be wilting but being out of the sun makes a huge difference in this clime.  

Sadie seems to figured out that the fly sheet keeps those nasty flies off.  She is getting pretty easy to put it on.  I may get an SStack one.   They say they have a patented system to not have wither pressure.   I don't think Sadie is really bothered but I don't like how tight her weatherbeeta model seems when she has her head down to eat.    I've still got her on bendryl.  The original spots are pretty well gone but she has a couple of bites on her rump with pretty good welts.   Poor allergic baby.

I've been giving Shade anti-histamines.    She has not been coughing but her nose is still runnning.  I rode her tuesday morning and she was not coughing but she stopped a few times and was stretching her head out to remove any constriction on her trachea and wanted to stop.  I let her stop every time and did not ride very long.  Decided I would go full throttle on anti-histamines for up to a week to try to get her over this and ready to motor the rest of the year.  

No comments: